ClipGrab, GUI Vimeo YouTube Video Downloader for Linux. This software used as video downloader for Linux Mint also video downloader for linux ubuntu FREE download. How to install ClipGrab in Linux, review ClipGrab Linux will be explained here.
ClipGrab Youtube Video Downloader for Linux Mint / Ubuntu
Best video downloader for linux mint called ClipGrab which FREE available for Linux, Windows, and Mac. ClipGrab is a free downloader and converter for YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion and many other online video sites. It converts downloaded videos to MPEG4, MP3 or other formats in just one easy step.
ClipGrab Review – The Video Downloader and Converter for Linux
ClipGrab supported video: The video downloader for linux free, ClipGrab able to download video from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, metacafe.com video, youku.com, myspass.de, myvideo.de, and download clipfish.de video for Linux.
ClipGrab supported format: This is the best video downloader for Linux with GUI window. Beside of downloading video from YouTube in Linux, this software also can convert downloaded video into various video format such as MPEG4, WMV, OGG Theora, MP3 Audio, and OGG Vorbis (Audio only). It also supports downloading the original FLV or MPEG4 videos without conversion.
With capabilities above, ClipGrab can save YouTube video to MP3. For example you can download a new song on YouTube then you can download directly as MP3.
How to Install ClipGrab in Linux Mint and Ubuntu
ClipGrab can be installed in Linux by downloading its installer and then you have to install, please follow these steps for detailed step:
- Visit ClipGrab website here, select “Show all download options” then download ClipGrab for Linux
- Yu will get a tar.bz2 archive file, Extract it and you will see “clipgrab”
- To open ClipGrab in Linux, double click the “clipgrab” from extracted file
Create Short Cut for ClipGrab in Linux
- Open gEdit or Genay as root by opening Terminal and type sudo gedit
- Copy and paste these code (Notes: you have to provide clipgrab.png file to show clipGrab icon, then specify path for ClipGrab.. .see the blue line below):
Comment=ClipGrab Video Downloader
- Save this file to /usr/share/applications, with complete name ClipGrab.desktop and make sure the file type has been selected to all files.
- Done! You can open ClipGrab by clicking Start/Menu >> Internet >> ClipGrab