Multimedia codec is very important features for some people to play audio and video file format on Linux such as play mp3, dat, avi on Linux Mint. Unfortunately the developer of Linux Mint looks like follow the Linux Mint package based (Ubuntu) in order not to include the multimedia codec into their ISO image.
How to Install Multimedia Codecs on Linux Mint 18The Linux Mint team decide not to release any DVD ISO image but similar to Ubuntu that will shipped without multimedia codecs. Don't worry you can install multimedia codec your self on Linux Mint by following ways:
- From the welcome screen, by clicking on “Multimedia Codecs”
- or from the main menu, by clicking on “Start Menu” >> ”Sound and Video” >> ”Install Multimedia Codecs”
- or during the installation process, by clicking a checkbox option.
Please note that Linux Mint 18 (that will be released on June 2016) brings many software changes based on xapps :
- A media player based on totem, called xplayer.
- A text editor based on pluma, called xed.
- A picture viewer based on eog, called xviewer.
- A document reader based on atril, called xreader.
Linux Mint 18 may satisfy their user and bring new innovation to the desktop operating system from freedom came elegance! Screenshot above show that Linux Mint 18 Sarah will beauty and fast enough.