Ways to Install Audacious MP3 Player With Winamp Skin on Linux Mint. Audacious is the best equivalent program to Winamp to play music files. This article will guide you how to install Audacious on Linux also install Winamp skin on Audacious.
What is Audacious Media Player ?Audacious is an advanced media player which can play many supported audio files. A descendant of XMMS, Audacious plays your music how you desire it, without stealing away your computer system \'s resources from other jobs.
Audacious support drag and drop folders and individual song files, look for artists and cds in your whole music library, or develop and customize your personal custom-made playlists. Pay attention to CD's or stream music from the Internet. Customize the sound with the visual equalizer or experiment with LADSPA impacts.
Enjoy the contemporary GTK-themed user interface or modify things up with Winamp Classic skins. Make use of the plugins consisted of with Adventurous to bring lyrics for your music, to set an alarm in the early morning, and more.
How to Install Audacious on Linux MintFortunately, the Audacious audio player is available at the Software Center so you can Open your Terminal (press Ctrl + Alt + T) then type command below:
Now you can open Audacious after install by clicking Start Menu >> Audio & Video >> Audacious
sudo apt-get install audacious
Also you can run Audacious from the Sound icon on the Linux Panel.
Audacious have two interface: GTK and Winamp classic.
Please note that you will see an Audacious native window which is using GTK interface like this:
How to Activate Winamp Classic Skin on AudaciousIf you want to activate Winamp classic skin for Audacious, you have to click Audacious menu: View >> Interface >> Winamp Classic Interface, and you will see an Audacious default window for Winamp classic like this:
To revert back the Audacious theme into GTK Interface: click on the "a" for Audacious symbol (see top corner Audacious window) then you will see View menu, select Interface, continue with choosing GTK Interface.
How to Install Winamp Skin to Audacious on LinuxYou can use Winamp plugin also Winamp skin to be installed on Audacious so the Winamp looks and effect can be functioned well on Audacious. Here you will be guided for how to install Winamp skin on Audacious, follow these steps:
- Close Audacious if running
- Copy or download any Winamp skin, for this tutorial you can download Winamp skin here.
- Extract downloaded file, and you will see a folder called winamp_standar
- Open your file manager (Nemo) as root! Do that by opening your Terminal and type sudo nemo, then enter your password. You will see file manager with red line "Elevated Privileges"
- Go to this path: /usr/share/audacious/Skins
- Copy winamp_standar folder into that path. Next step you need to configure Audacious theme
- Open Audacious, go to View >> Interface >> Winamp Classic Interface
- Continue with View >> Interface Preferences
- Choose the Winamp Standard, then click Close button. See picture below
Now you have your Winamp on Linux natively after practicing this tutorial about Ways to Install Audacious MP3 Player With Winamp Skin on Linux.
Install Audacious MP3 Player With Winamp Skin on Linux
4/ 5Oleh Moch Saiful Umam