How to Create ISO Image File From CD/DVD in Ubuntu --This guide will help you to create single ISO file from an identical copy of an original CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc in Ubuntu and Linux Mint usin K3B burning application for Linux.
How to Create an ISO File in Ubuntu / Mint of CD / DVD Using K3B --Linux application to make ISO file on ubuntu. In the Linux operating system, we can create an ISO file from CD / DVD with easy using K3B. K3B is Nero in Linux due to the ability and also feature held by rivaling Nero K3B even better and can be obtained free of charge that is not bothered with the serial number.
What is K3B Linux ?K3B (DKE Burn Baby Burn) is a Linux application that can burn file into a CD or DVD optical media, it can also create an ISO image from optical media/ compact disc.
If we know Nero in WIndows, we have to know K3B in Linux because this apps have equal quality for burning tool. Using K3B we can backup our data that is in a CD or DVD into single ISO file form and also backup data to CD or DVD. To create an ISO file from CD / DVD you must have K3B installed installed in your Ubuntu or Linux Mint. Click here how to install K3B in Linux.
- Insert the CD / DVD that will be copied
- Run K3B (do click Start Menu >> Administration >> K3B )
- In the K3B application window that appears, click on the Tools menu >> Copy Medium
- On the tab Options , make sure you only tick "only create image" another tick please remove. Look at the picture above for detail.
- Go to the Image tab, specify where you will save the ISO file .. fill with free. Use the Browse icon or the Open File dialog that is on the right field.
- Click Start to begin creating ISO image and wait until the process is finished.
- K3B will automatically eject the CD / DVD that has been copied from its place.
- Finished and hopefully it useful.
How to Create ISO Image File From CD/DVD in Ubuntu K3B
4/ 5Oleh SAI