The best download manager for Linux called XDMAN or Extreme Download Manager. With XDMAN you can download with high speed download priority like Internet Download Manager but in Linux.
On the official website, XDMAN claimed that: Xtreme Download Manager is a powerful tool to increase download speed up-to 500%, resume broken/dead downloads, capture FLV videos from any site and schedule downloads.
Features of Xtreme Download Manager
- Extreme download acceleration. (up to 32 segments per download, connection re-use, data compression)
- Integration with almost every browser available, including Google Chrome,Firefox, Internet explorer, Opera, Safari, SeaMonkey or any other browser/application using advanced browser integration.
- Capture flv,webm(html5),mp4,avi and many other video formats from numerous sites like YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Vimeo etc with XDM media grabber.
- Ability to refresh dead/broken/invalid download links (caused by session-expiration) using refresh link option.
- Scheduling, virus scanning, auto shutdown, batch download, clipboard monitoring,drag and drop etc.
- Ability to run within corporate firewall as XDM supports automatic proxy configuration scripts, proxy authentication (NTLM,Digest,Kerberos,Spengo), installation without admin rights. Currently only one commercial download manager supports these features.
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, redirection, cookies, authentication (including Windows ISA ), password management etc.
64 bit and 32 bit
How to Install XDMAN - Best Linux Download ManagerAfter downloading XDMAN then you have to install your software. Execute your .bin file that you have downloaded before. Double click the file and the installer will appear. Click Install Package and wait until it finished! Now you can download files with maximum possible speed, capture FLV video from any site, integrates with Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari or any other Browser.
XDMAN Download - Extreme Download Manager for Linux
4/ 5Oleh SAI